Martin S. and Paul L. two of my favorites

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Interesting that Martin Strolz and Paul Lantuch have been the subject of recent threads. They are two of my favorite engravers and terrific people as well.

I had the opportunity to take Martin's Grand Master class. On almost every project I think of something he said or demonstrated and hear his voice in my head giving instruction. The teacher is much better than the student and I do my best to not bring dishonor to his name. He also has a delightful sense of humor and a gifted teacher and artist in every sense of the word. Thanks Martin.

I first became aware of Paul's work when he was THE Master Engraver at Ruger. That may not be the correct title but he certainly was the man. I was very taken by his unique scrolls and wonderful figures. A true artist as you now have seen. I have visited with him briefly a couple of times and came away with the impression that he is humble and grateful person. A joy to be around.

Though their styles differ, they are distinctly European and a treasure to study.

My oh my are we lucky to have the likes of Martin, Paul, Alain L., Phil C. and others to study.

I guess we all know who we want to be like when we grow up.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee...I agree that both are such a treasure to glean from. For purely financial reasons, I was unable to attend Martin's class and I've met Paul several times too. We were totally blown away at his work on those Ruger Red Labels and when we asked him how in the heck he was able to engrave them, he simply said, "I get them before they temper them!".................duh!
Both are fine gentlemen and of the highest character.
It is indeed an honor and privilege to know both.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I consider it an honor to know engravers like Paul, Martin, and many others whose talent and skills dwarf my meager efforts. While the world worships at the feet of rock stars, ball players and actors, I consider skilled artisans the celebrities of my little world.

RB

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
Guys and girls, watching photos of your works on this Forum, hesitates me very often - what a clumsy engraver I am!

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you friends for your kind words!
Lee, the GMP turned out to be a rewarding experience as student and instructor gave their best effort. It was a short period of time only. I enjoy it a lot to hear that my words fell on fertile soil. But as well I much hope that you still feel free to put your own great creativity into wonderful designs and engravings just the way YOU want.
Paul, I would be glad to to meet you in person one day! I especially like your outstanding work on jewelry and your drawings.