Mark Hoechst - FEGA Master Engraver from Bismarck, North Dakota USA!

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
There aren't many of us North Dakotans... not enough to make a city most places. So, when our only FEGA Master gets his work shown on the front cover of The Engraver it becomes something I have to bring to everyone's attention! GO MARK! :thumbsup: :happyvise:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
looks like kind of very nice to me. to have one of your works on the front- i guess that means you have "arrived". congratulations to you mark. keep up the great things you do.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark that is beautiful to the eyes not. Congradulations on the cover spot.

Doc, Let me tell the folks about North Dakota. When I moved to Jamestown in 76 I went through Bismark on my way east. We drove past the governor's mansion and looked through the gate up the drive to a 70 ft single wide. Okay I will grant that the where working on his house and he had to have a home for seven months but still. We settled into our new home and did reasonably well. Blizzard on Halloween that year and never above freezing till March. In the spring we had to go up to you neighborhood in Grand Forks. It was pretty nice when we got there. The Red had receded some and you could almost drive into East Grand Forks. The Red was down to only a mile and a half wide. In the downtown section of town I parked and went to put a quarter in the parking meter and a kindly native told me that I only needed to do that turn on the electric to plug in my car during the winter. While I was born in western Colorado high country Dakota has been what I call home for more than 35 years no matter where I live. I sure miss the people there. Fred

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks

Thank you Neal, Monk, Andrew, and Fred for the kind words.
I must say that the appreciation should go towards the Firearms Engravers Guild of America for providing the professional format in The Engraver magazine that does a great job in promoting the art of engraving. Also, the unsung hero of the publication is Andrew Biggs who is very able to arrange our hodgepodge of photos and articles into an enjoyable, informational read. I must not forget to say thank-you to Sam and the moderators that enable us to have a forum to communicate with each other on the web.
I hope that everyone has a good year ahead and that God will bless our families.
Mark Hoechst
:happyvise:

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
"Ed Westerly

Mark, that is great! Hope the acclaim doesn't go to your head and make it hard to get through doors! "

Thanks for the advice Ed, but the truth is that reality keeps raising its ugly big head to keep me inline. Now if I can only find the “any keyâ€￾ on this key board------------------. :thinking:

Sponsors