Make your own drill bit from carbide bur

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
holy c***. free-hand grinds about a #68? .79mm?! of particular note- he perfectly grinds the tapered section straight keeping runout to an acceptable minimum on a shaft that tiny??? as i said- holy c***.

mrthe

Great video Sam! i do the same to sharp tiny point to erase background in very tiny spaces , old burrs are great to use them to sharp timy tools, i will try in make drill points now too, thank you for share

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That gives me an idea for making undercutting tools. Sam. you've got a genius of a mind and steady hands. Like Don Gay once said there is no substitute for youth.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have quite a few re-manufactured bur tools. my best to date was a flat .2mm wide graver. that was a bugger to do, and get it right. i made this for doing hobos. this "bur to drill thing" would be enough to send me over the edge. hats off to those with such a touch to pull this off & make it work.

mrthe

Sam one question, are you using the blue medium wheel to preshape the burr or the grey coarse one?

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Impressive. Most impressive. Jura does beautiful work and occasionally pops onto the forum.

Latest posts

Sponsors