Lynton McKenzie tapes

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ran across a guy last week who was selling off his old VHS tapes. Made him an offer on 5 of them and he accepted.

Received both of Lynton's engraving tapes and a 3 volume set on how to do European woodcarving. I've always had trouble carving scrolls in wood and figured it would help my engraving as well.

I look forward to several hours of viewing pleasure. It's a shame that as technology moves on that these old tapes don't get converted to DVD. Some of them are a treasure of lost knowledge.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I popped Lynton's 1st tape in while having a sandwich for lunch. I nodded off after about 15 minutes. Took it out for later.....sure hope it gets better.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Lynton is Lynton... you have to supply your own excitement... there is a lot to be learned in those videos - once you get past the monotone that he delivers in.

You can still buy almost new VHS players and VHS to DVD transfer recorders at 2nd hand stores here for under $10. (VHS movies for 50 cents to a dollar.)

I will be putting up around a hundred VHS tapes for sale here shortly - including Lyntons'.

To learn everything distilled on these tapes by attending live workshops would cost over $10,000 and take a coupla years of traveling around to different teachers!

Brian

Last edited:

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
OK all you need is to get a computer product that allows you to receive TV to you computer and instead of hooking up the cable to it you hook the VHS player to it and then just record the channel. you can then burn the MP4 to DVD - easy peasy -

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The video shows the use of the "Elgato Video Capture Device" which is priced at $77.50 on Amazon.
Heck, why would I pay that much when Brian can get me one for less than $10.

I will be putting up around a hundred VHS tapes for sale here shortly
When we moved from IL to TN, we had to get rid of tons of "stuff" because we downsized from a 9 room Victorian to a 3 bdrm ranch. The used video store gave us $5 per tape and I walked out with $450 in my pocket. It would probably have taken me years and far less profit to sell them individually. I think the ROI on one's "stuff" might not be worth the time required to market it.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lynton is Lynton... you have to supply your own excitement... there is a lot to be learned in those videos - once you get past the monotone that he delivers in.

You can still buy almost new VHS players and VHS to DVD transfer recorders at 2nd hand stores here for under $10. (VHS movies for 50 cents to a dollar.)

I will be putting up around a hundred VHS tapes for sale here shortly - including Lyntons'.

To learn everything distilled on these tapes by attending live workshops would cost over $10,000 and take a coupla years of traveling around to different teachers!

Brian

What do you have for sale I'm buying

Carlos De La O III