Lynton McKenzie inspired scroll

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a Buck 110 with N/S bolsters recently completed. I would love to own this myself as the jasper is simply beautiful. Michael Hoover (Art In Stone) does exceptional stone work on Bucks and some other knives.

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Peter,

Beautiful! Somehow it matches the beautiful stone perfectly. What do you do when designing for such different bolsters?

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Cloudy - The stone is held on with Loctite 325 with an activator. Great tutorial by Michael here:http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/tutorials/art_in_stone/index.php

Mike - Not only are the bolsters different front and rear, but I found them to be different from one side to another. What I did was to first make the borders and then transfer the dimensions to the other side. Then create a backbone transfer for the front and rear. I use a sharpie to color in the area inside the border and draw the leaves to fit the area. I'm still working on getting the leaf shapes refined.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris - I've seen several variations of autos made from Bucks (and some Cases too) and some are REALLY done well, with coil springs.

There was a guy that did conversions at one of the NCCA shows in Oct. He was carrying one with nice stag and a damascus blade. I should have got his contact information and neglected to.

Michael Hoover, the guy that does the stonework, does phenominal work and gets some nice stone. The transition from bolster to stone scale can not be felt by running your hand across it!

Latest posts

Sponsors