Question: Lining up monogram letters on manual pantograph

Emmagray

Hello, me again. Ok I'm getting the hang of how to use my F3 pantograph I've acquired. Now my question has to do with how line up my fonts for monogramming. I have a circle monogram, interlocking script and century font set. How do I know the ratios to set other than eyeballing but more importantly, what is the trick for centering?

For example, right now I have a 1" circle in the jig which is self centering. All my arms and the jig are set on the same number and I'm using the circle font. Seems like a no-brainier but the letters aren't centering. I've googled for tutorials but not having much luck.

Thanks in advance!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hello, me again. Ok I'm getting the hang of how to use my F3 pantograph I've acquired. Now my question has to do with how line up my fonts for monogramming. I have a circle monogram, interlocking script and century font set. How do I know the ratios to set other than eyeballing but more importantly, what is the trick for centering?

For example, right now I have a 1" circle in the jig which is self centering. All my arms and the jig are set on the same number and I'm using the circle font. Seems like a no-brainier but the letters aren't centering. I've googled for tutorials but not having much luck.

Thanks in advance!

2nd reply:: get in touch with me. i can answer any question on the use of these machines.

J.Hayes

I will put 2 thicknesses of clear scotch tape on the surface to be engraved and lightly "dot" my letters and then look very closely to see if everything looks centered. I will even use a divider to compare. I have found 2 thicknesses of tape will protect the surface of most anything and the diamond drag point will leave a nice dot in the tape. Changing ratios after you've started will also change the center probably because the the you're just a wee bit off with one or all 3 of the arm numbers.

Latest posts

Sponsors