Liégeois Ornament scultpting

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Today my girlfriend and me visited a school in Liege where you still can learn typical Liégeois ornament sculpting.
I will start next year it only cost 80€ a year for 2 evenings a week!! Why for understand how to give volume and to become better in composing ornaments!
http://www.ecoledetravauxpublics.org/
We took some pictures interesting for engravers also!!!

Have a nice sunday!!

Last edited:

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm sure you will enjoy the work and you will gain a tremendous amount of skill in thinking in 3 dimensions. The 80 Euro fee is small but the cost of those fine carving tools will be frightening. Best of luck and please show us your work as you progress.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
wow ! magnificent work, to say the very least. it would appear that you did exactly as your instructors wanted you to. as doc said, a small price for the reward. i love to see this sort of art.

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you guys. Maybe some you guys now my secondary diploma/training is Ebeniseterie (fine furniture) So i already have quit a lot carving chisels. But we don't have to buy anything the school has her one chisels we can use!

mrthe

Fantastic ! Thank you for the photos! Remember me the old times in my High school Art,the firsts 2 year sculpture signature was only works about scrolls ornaments!

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Bram,

Thanks for this. This stuff is awesome. I once had a conversation with Phillip Grifnee in his workshop and he told me that when you do sculpted ornament that it was better to not make the structures too high off the background. He said everything should taper back down into the background. This advice was some of the best I ever received. I started to do my sculpting this way and it is so much more elegant. The wood carvings show what he was telling me perfectly.

Chris

Chris