Lettering on the outside of a pair Ti wedding rings

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just finished this pear of Titanium wedding rings. Even those I make them without the use of a lathe. I just bend them of a 1 ½ mm plate and then weld them a way I can stretch them later up to 4 mm without the welding getting broken.
The idea for the lettering came from the clients, two girls who will getting married next month.
The lettering is 360° on two lines like the design I first made shows.
The rings are 8 mm wide each but have different sizes.
I wanted to cut deep as the lettering has to hold a lifetime.

I also begin to realize that I do quite a lot of hand engraving work lately. This is probably because there are only a very few like me, and most important, customers find me easily via Google. And work like this sure pays my bills.

arnaud

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,

I like that font and the engrving is excellent.

I'm surprised that the inscription is in English. Are the girls British?

Roger

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you all for looking at this lettering.
Roger, about the language and text on the ring, this was brought up by the clients. Now in Belgium we speak Flemish, French and German.
And in France of course they speak French. But in France also John Wayne speaks French. Also on most of the Belgium French Television stations, the movies are spoken French, no matter if they original are English or whatever.
So only we in the Flemish part of Belgium, we are used to read subtitles for many years, in fact as long as I can remember. Also in the Netherlands it is like that.
But as I said, most of the other European countries, they synchronise the English voices on movies by new voices in their respectively language of the country.
So we have a quite unique system with subtitles.

This means that Flemish and Dutch also has lots of English words, for instance like PC, while in France they call it “un ordinateurâ€
And some in my Flemish speaking country, they don’t like that as their opinion is that this way our language get lost.
My opinion is that any language evolutes. Of course when also John Wayne speaks French, then you might not learn new languages.

So something every young kid said to his first boy/girlfriend is “I love you†Of course we can say “Ik hou van jouâ€
And also a lot of smart people read books in the original language too, even when there is a • translation.
So probably the text these woman gave me is original in English and they liked it. As they are not British.

And I must say, that even I’m not the best in English, that being a 2000 diamond member on igraver, made it that I don’t even have words in my language for technical words that deal with engraving.
Of course if want to express my feelings I will do it in my maternal language. As that is the hardest part of any language to do.

arnaud

delder

Elite Cafe Member
Amaud..... Great wedding bands. How do you weld them? I just started working in TI and finding it fairly easy to cut. Certainly no harder than some of the stainless I've tried.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Of course if want to express my feelings I will do it in my maternal language.

I went to college with people from all over the world. One guy was from Belgium. Of course, the first things I always want to know are the various "bad" words and hand gestures. :eek:

He taught me one where a person makes a fist, bends the arm back at the elbow as if flexing the biceps muscle, and then reaching across with the palm of the opposite hand and slap the forearm just above the elbow.

He said he got himself into trouble here in the U.S. a few times not realizing that making a fist and straightening out the middle finger is not considered nice here.:shock:

Eddi

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Arnaud.
I am a big fan of your work. The lettering is very crisp and precise. Very good job.
I am also interested in how to work with titanium.

By the way, I have taken two courses at Alexandres school in Antwerp. Belgium is a very nice place to visit.

Eddi

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Arnaud,

I Googled the words on the rings and found they come from the song "The World Turned Upside Down" by Coldplay.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is what I use for Ti welding, I also use it on gold platinum silver ans steel.
Like everything you have to learn it, but it is not that difficult if you already know some basics about welding.

I already replied many times on Titanium work in other treads. :) If interested do a quick search here on Titanium.

http://www.lampert.info/web/sites/default/files/PUK_3s___Catalogue__English.pdf

It is much cheaper than laser welding, and in my opinion works even better

arnaud

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You did an excellent job getting the ends of each letter cut. I am amazed how the ends are rounded looking. They look like they were cut with a router. Great job.

Latest posts

Sponsors