Let the Compressor Envy Begin...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
4-Head Jun-Air, 220V with Festo Auto-Drain (the raised stand provides clearance for the drain). running a gravermax full tilt hogging background or inlay cavities makes the heads barely warm to the touch...

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That could handle a group practice that is for sure. rotary tools, graver hand pieces with incredible recover speed. I would think a larger tank would have been the logical thing to me. Fred

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That could handle a group practice that is for sure. rotary tools, graver hand pieces with incredible recover speed. I would think a larger tank would have been the logical thing to me. Fred

the original 50 Liter (13 gal) tank finally rusted out (these compressor heads are all late 1980s vintage, but low-mileage) and a new factory Jun-Air tank was $1500!!!:eek: i found a company selling good quality replacement tanks, but my choice was between a 12 gal & 20 gal and the 20 wouldn't fit under the bench in its previous location. this set-up is actually built from a 3-head unit and a single. i was using the 3-head and had picked up the single for a spare some years ago. it occurred to me that rather than continue to run 3 and keep the 4th as a potential replacement, they'd all last longer if i rigged up all 4 (minor manifold & wiring mods). so when i had to replace the tank that's what i did. the auto-drain was off the single head unit (it was an unusual OEM configuration with about 2 gal vertical tank (like a scuba tank), meant for installation inside some sort of printing(?) eqpt.

i recently wanted the space back under the bench and as quietly as the 4 compressors are (barely louder than a single), the sharp "whoosh!" of the switch bleeding back pressure on every cycle was annoying. so i decided to move it to the other side of the shop wall into the woodworking side and then i had room to raise it up and put the auto-drain under it. which is good, because i'm not very diligent about attending to that manually. now i wish i had the 20 gal tank, but that'll wait until the 12 rusts out...

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
oh, well-- pity poor ole me ! i was given a brand new one still in the crate. key word here, given. god bless the dentists, esp when they are a personal friend ! i will say, that's a grand lookin rig there, for sure !

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i have to throw in a quote from a friend who races cars:

"Every malfunction is an opportunity for an upgrade!"

Latest posts

Sponsors