Le Petit Prince

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Hi everybody

I’ve read many times Antoine de Saint Exupery’s novella . One of these, I was close to a 19 years girl. I’ve just offered her this book and it was a very pleasant reading.:)
Since this day we are following together the same way .
30 years later I’ve offered her this little pendant . We were at the restaurant last week for our 30th wedding anniversary. The pendant was swimming in her champagne cup, she had a nice surprise.
Some days I tell to myself I’m really a lucky man : No needs of gold , diamonds or other precious jewels to keep happy my little princess, just a little engraving …It’s very inexpensive isn’t it ?:big grin:

If she’s been very indulgent with my engraving, you would probably be less ?
The pendant is a 25X35 mm titanium plate . I’ve engraved the well known cover sketch of the book . The colours are those of titanium oxide , that I get by a selective anodization .

For those who want to read again the Little Prince, you can find it on line at that link :
http://www.angelfire.com/hi/littleprince/frames.html

Thanks for looking

Jean

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
¡Hola Jean!
Esta es realmente una historia encantadora coronada por un hermoso obsequio. ¡Felicidades!
Tus trabajos grabados en titanio y con el anodizado selectivo son excelentes. La trucha, tu versión sobre el diseño de Andrew y ahora este bellísimo colgante son fabulosos!
Creo que has encontrado una línea de trabajo que podrías explotar muy exitosamente. Te felicito sinceramente.
¡Cordiales saludos!
Leonardo.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Hola Leonardo,

Es verdad que grabar en titanio me gusta y sigo mejorando poco a poco la tecnica . Hiciste tu otras pruebas ? Estuvimos los dos bastante atareados y no nos dimos nuevas , ya te mandaré un mail…

Thank you for your coments my friend…

Hi Arnaud,

Yes, just as it is, she loves it...
Thank you for your coments:)

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations!

Both for the fine work and the fine wife.

While this project doesn't appear to be too involved from an engraving standpoint (but I suspect it's tougher than it looks to get those lines just right) it's a tour de force of your anodizing skills.

Really a wonderful piece!

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
I really like the story of the little prince. The story of pendant is very touching. The pendant itself is truly wonderful. Your anodizing is marvelous, and you have captured ther look and feel of the original art. Well done!

Tom

Andrew Biggs

Friend Santos

That is a beautiful and moving story. You are quite the romantic :)

A fabulous gift to mark your 30th anniversary. May you both have many, many more.

Cheers
Andrew

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Weldon, Steve Tom and Scott for your nice coments.
Chantal has been reading this trhead , and she's now prouder of her pendant.
Here's a photo of the Petit Prince "in vivo"

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Thank You Andrew , we have posted at the same time.

I expect God will hear you , and hope I could engrave many others for our 40th, 50th and perhaps the 60th ?

I just became an elite member . I never believe I would be able to write 100 posts in english:big grin:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i should say there could be no finer gift than one from the heart. this surely is such a gift. we are grateful you chose to share this with us, as well.

Latest posts

Sponsors