Latest Project

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Here Is a video and pictures of my current project

[video=youtube;Gh5A7NWm0NQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5A7NWm0NQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks , Chris

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
WHO DA MAN !! what a CRAFTSMAN hint hint :rolleyes: ( chris will know what that means) nice engraving as well. :biggrin:
Ray

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks to all. This is a pair of guns. If you haven't done a pair it's actually not bad. The second one goes so much faster. I do them at the same time. but once you have the pattern cut in an area on one it's just make a transfer and cut. It goes about twice as fast in my opinion. for those that have an do pairs would my assessment of time seem correct.

Chris

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Chris. Is there any difference in the punches besides the size? Does the second punch have a different grit or is it just the size that smooths out the finish?

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Tira,

It's the same grit. The difference is holding the tool tightly down and dragging it as you go. It's possible to get it perfectly smooth . If you have ever troweled cement it's much like that. If you haven't then you should give it a try, it will quickly show you why you would rather be an engraver than pour cement. I do however prefer to see a little of the hammering so it looks hand done.

Chris

Latest posts

Sponsors