late night engraving sessions

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
IMG_0534 (2).jpg
This cool pendant is the result of this weeks late night engraving sessions. I'm trying to develop this weird style, who knows someday it will become something...:) I hope so! Because i like it, it comes right out of the hart and that's what's art about, right? Pendant is stainless steel with yellow and pink gold inlay, size is 3cm.
Greetings,
Timwolf.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim you're on the right track by following your hart, and out of that your designs are very original and very beautiful so please continieu with your own ideas because " you have it !!!"
I mean you have the X factor...;)

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you willem. It is nice to hear that! When i started engraving e few months ago i tried to do scrolls and each time i was dissapointed in my design because i always ended up with something like this. After a while i quit doing scrolls because it just was'nt me and so many great artist were already doing that and i would never reach that level. so i deceided to do things differant, but sometimes i have my doubts on my designs. Sometimes i think there silly or i ask myself:Can i realy do this?. So it is good to hear someone likes them! Thaks again!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
it's as cool looking as it is crazy looking. certainly unique in every aspect. i, for one, would like to see a lot more work like this. one thing for sure, nobody could ever say you copied the work of another artist !

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim, I like your work very much. The traditional scroll work is tried and true. Timeless in acceptance . The bulino fine line and dot work if very beautiful but not real practical in my customers world. The life like shading is wonderful and technically difficult to achieve. Costly to produce. Very easily damaged in the real world of using the items. Gun owners are a very traditional group. Change comes difficult to them. Even game scenes can make a weapon difficult to sell on the secondary market (Potential buyer love the gun but would never ever consider shooting an endangered species). Enough with that.

Your design is unique and very well thought out. It is very complex yet very mechanical in feel. Not sure I understand the use of the rose gold. Kind of over my head in recognizing how it relates to the composition but that is just my ignorance of this style of art. The one issue that is hard to over look is the hole used to attach it to a very cheap (cheap in the perception/appreciation way). The chain clashes with the shapes in the pendent. the hole is a major distraction and stops the visual movement. I would suggest studying jewelry construction methods. Sorry for the long litany. Fred

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Hi fred. Thanks for the kind words and advise! About the rose gold: with a little imagination these are like a bird's clows...:)
And about the pendant it self: yes, this is a very cheap pendant, it costs me less then 2euro, chain included!
I use these cheap project pieces for practice, started engraving less then 6months ago so everything i do is for practice.
I'm a jeweler and i have no problem creating a pendant like this but i don't want to spent my time making them.
Someday, when i am happy with the result of my engravings, then i will start putting them on pieces of better quality, for now these cheap items just gotta do:)

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
Your style is quite simply brilliant! It has a mixture of old and new in a way I find quite tasty. I can see traces of so many elements there, and yet you have managet to kept the composition clean.
If this comes natural to you then you sure have a creative mind. A close relative of mine says: "It's all about beeing the right kind of crazy."
Keep up the work, and create your new style, but, when you start selling them, don't forget to make sure it's available in Norway as well...

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim, I apologize for not remembering your a jeweler. Your design and execution is beyond "practice" status and I think should be on material worth more than a few dollars so you can recover the investment of your time. I am certain that there are customers who would paid premium price for your work at this stage. I would like to have such a piece in my collection of engravings. Fred

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks all for the positive words!
And Fred, everything looks better on picture than in real so i think you would be very dissapointed with a piece like this in your collection:), but i will remember your advise!!!
Thanks again.
Tim

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love your work. It's got a lot of originalty to it. You may be ahead of your time, so with time people will probably see the genious in it.

Latest posts

Sponsors