Lapcraft laps

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I thought I'd share this for those that might not be aware of them. I just got a diamond grinding wheel, and a couple of laps from them them. Really great products, reasonable pricing and a huge variety of grits and sizes. I got a 60 grit grinding wheel and a 100 grit lap. Talk about roughing a carbide graver fast!!!

If you are using carbide these are great, it will cut the prep time down to next to nothing!

www.lapcraft.com

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Brian,

I think what you don't understand about the cost and value of the higher priced laps is the type of diamonds used in the process. The laps in question use magic profit diamond dust, although you may not notice it the profit remains deeply embedded within the vendors pocket for long lasting enjoyment.

Bob

jr hoot gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard;
I would use it to polish my flat brite cut gravers, you can't get to brite a polish on tools to cut sterling saddle silver IMO.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've got a 3000 grit lap. You have to be really careful with those fine laps. It's real easy to screw them up always touch down with the point going with the rotation.

As for the price, they are made in the USA so I'm willing to pay more for an American made product. Most of those discount laps are made in china

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
One of My first GRS laps I bought had a lapcraft sticker on the bottom. back in 1988 or so and Im still using them.