knifemaker Joe Kious has passed

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It was with great sadness that I heard that knifemaker Joe Kious was killed in an auto accident.

Joe was a friend to many engraver and provided a beautiful canvas for our art. I met Joe at the Knifemakers Guild Show in 1983 and we became friends and roomed together at shows and really enjoyed each other's company.

Heartfelt condolences to his family.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
that's a shame. i enjoyed talking to him at the last few Blade shows and engraved a few of his pieces over the years...

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Joe was PASSIONATE about what he did and loved the trade. I am shocked to hear this news and it makes me wish I'd have hung out with him a little longer in June. RIP to the best in the business.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
does anybody have any more info on this tragedy? just did an online search for news stories and came up empty handed...

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
I'm so sorry to hear this. Joe made a few folder mechanisms for collaborative folders with me in the 90s. He was always a pleasure to work with.

Jim

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, very sad news.
I had the pleasure of working with him, always polite fast and functional, and he had many, many friends in the business, we will miss you Joe.

Latest posts

Sponsors