knife engravings from the garage

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pictures of a knife recently finished and another knife shown earlier on this forum but now as a finished product.

These are both done using an out-of-the -norm technique. I don't quite know what to call it;tinted bulino, tinted engraving, engravatint........... one knife was done with a darker tint and the other lighter.

Attachments

• DSC_0186.jpg
    DSC_0186.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_0190.jpg
    DSC_0190.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 377
  • b12-custom-052212.jpg
    b12-custom-052212.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 380

mrthe

i don't know how you can call this style....but it is an amazing engraved knife,congratulations!

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are excellent! Better be careful or you may find people showing up to see if they can hang in the garage too! Wish I could see them in person.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree with Tara! I wish I could see this one "up close and personal". You may have found your special niche in the world of engraving.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I really appreciate all of the kind comments. I was banished to the garage some years ago and can't seem to get out.

I considered tintalini but got hungry just saying the word. Maybe I will go with tint based engraving.

A while back I posted some pictures of a couple of warriors annoyed with each other. I used some of the tint based engraving on those fellows. When I get back to the other computer and find some time I will try to repost the photos. These Roman chaps are easily irritated. They've gone from swords, spears, ball and chain to chariots. Keep 'em away from nukes. Hmmm.........now that might be an interesting scene.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee,

These are beautifully conceived and executed objects! Many of us have experienced going out to the proverbial wood shed, garage, or whatever it was that gave us a small private space in which we could access the infinitely large canvas of the imagination, with its penchant for ancient scenes which seem to waft up from the collective sub conscious. It sometimes happens, if we are lucky, after a few drams of whiskey, yet for you it appears to flow freely with just one glass of milk. Superb!
I am reminded of one line from Wordsworth's, "The Solitary Reaper":

"...old far off things, and battles long ago..."

Rod

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors