Kious folder engraved by Bryson Gwinnell

Rob Blanton

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the work of Bryson Gwinnell, but I have been fascinated with his work for years. Bryson incorporates sculpturing, carving, and engraving into a truly unique form of embellishment. As good as Coop's photography is, this is a piece that really needs to be held to appreciate everything that's going on with the engraving. I am going to be delivering this piece to a customer tomorrow, and in all honesty I really hate to see this one go. The good news is that this is going to put me one step closer to commissioning a single action project with Bryson.

Rob

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Yup, that's Brysons work okay. I would recognize it anywhere. He use to love to do this type of work while he was at the Colt custom shop ---- I was always amazed at the things he could do. Is he still lifting weights ? Please tell him I send my best regards & hope to see him someday if he ever gets down to N.C. Where is he living now ? Ken

finn

Elite Cafe Member
wow that is amazing!

just looks wonderfull.

by the way how long would that take to engrave 1 month ? 6 months? just wondering.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bryson has always been a fantastic engraver, and this is no exception. Amazing work. Anyone know where's he's living? I visited him in Vermont several years ago, but heard he moved. / ~Sam

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Definitely evokes the WOW factor! It would certainly be a privilege to have the opportunity to hold that in ones hand!

Amazing work.

Peter

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Though we have never met, I too have been a long-time admirer of Bryson's work. This piece is way cool!

Weldon

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mind bending... It just pops out of the background. I wonder if any of his engraving will be at the East Coast Knife show in a couple of weeks. I'll be looking to see what I can find. Can't wait to see his work in person.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
this kind of pushes the bar up a few meters ! one could look at ths for 2 hours and not take it all in.

Bunt

I talked to him a few months ago. He was living in Hawaii and looking to move back to the northeast again soon. Never met the man but we talked for a while. Very nice guy.

Rob Blanton

Bryson, has been one of my favorite engravers from the first time I saw his work several years ago. The amount of detail in projects of this scale is out of this world. This particular piece took nine weeks to complete working 40 - 50 hour a week. I look forward to working with Bryson on our next knife project as well as a Colt Single Action project at some point.
Bryson has recently moved back to the mainland from Hawaii and I hope to see him at some shows in the near future. He is currently living in Connecticut and doing some work for Connecticut Shotgun Co.
Best regards,
Rob

bryson gwinnell

Hi Sam,

Hope your feeling better. we have done a lot of moving around. Living in
New Hampshire now, really enjoy the peace & quite.
Bryson