Announcement: Just wanted to say hello

Dead Eye Dawn

I just finished two days of study with JJ Roberts in VA. I purchased an older Gravermeister and JJ and I were able to bring it back to life with new hoses and O rings so I can start practicing. I am new to the art of engraving but have been carving leather for about 40 years. There are many similarities except it seems everything is in reverse for engraving. JJ was fantastic as he not only taught me the proper techniques but he went over all the old engraving equipment that came with the stuff I purchased. THANK YOU JJ! :biggrin:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dawn, Welcome to the forum you'll learn many new tips & tricks,I'm glad I was able to help you with the old Meister just get with Mr.Taylor at GRS and get the new filters.Keep us posted. J.J.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Welcome Dawn...I used a 'meister for about 30 years. One thing I did that helped noise and hot oil oder was to pipe the exhaust out the window. I used hose, made a narrow board that would fit in the partially open window, drilled a hole in the board to fit the hose and out went much noise and oder. Good luck on your endevours. With that many years working leather you should be able to develop engraving skills fairly fast.

monk

Staff member
yes- you've made a great start. keep at it & show us some of your work.

Latest posts

Sponsors