Just finished.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,

Super work, as always. Working your design around those pin holes in the sideplate is a challenge in itself. Some of us on this forum have seen the actual Holland & Holland that TR is holding in the scene. It is on display at the Frazier Museum of Historic Arms in Louisville, Kentucky.

Roger

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Phil This is truly world class. I know that you studied bulino at Giovanelli`s in Gardone years ago, I can see the influence of the tecniques you studied there. I also studied there. Your tecnique looks to be a mixture of lines and dots and I think you cut much deeper than do the italians, I cut deeper as well, the result is much better. You have taken buluno to the next level. Thank you for showing here. It would be wonderfull to have you in the US to teach sometime, I would be first on the list. Chris

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks again.....too many names to mention!

Roger, yes those pin holes can be a pain, sometimes it works out, sometimes one has to compromise.
Phil This is truly world class. I know that you studied bulino at Giovanelli`s in Gardone years ago, I can see the influence of the tecniques you studied there. I also studied there. Your tecnique looks to be a mixture of lines and dots and I think you cut much deeper than do the italians, I cut deeper as well, the result is much better. You have taken buluno to the next level. Thank you for showing here. It would be wonderfull to have you in the US to teach sometime, I would be first on the list. Chris
Chris,
It's been written many times in many articles that I went over to Giovanelli's to learn how to engrave, in fact I taught myself, the hard way:( chisel and bolino.
I met Giovanelli at a game fair, he liked my work and invited me to his workshop to show me how the italians did it. I could'nt believe it when I saw their tools, they where almost identical to mine, and mine were created by trial and error!
I did learn a few refinements and a couple of tricks but that was it really.

Phil

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Phil,

You are blowing the doors off this place....

Thank you, for providing us with guidance and inspiration...

Stephen

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Phil, thanks for letting us see. Just great. And thanks again to Sam Alfano for this
forum.

Ed Delorge

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
I can add nothing more to what has already been said, other than my personal thank you for sharing.
gailm

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Bully for you!!!!!!!

This is wonderful Phil, thanks for sharing!!!!!

Hummmmmmm...........If only there were a way to view the full size images....................????

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Phil, I'm sitting here in the Atlanta airport all groggy and jet lagged, and your post gave me a surge of energy! Breathtaking engraving....just fantastic in every way. Thank you for sharing your work in the Cafe. It is very much appreciated!! / Sam

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
Phil
Thanks for posting. The more I look at the engraving the more detail I see. It's wonderful.
Rod

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bully for you!!!!!!!

This is wonderful Phil, thanks for sharing!!!!!

Hummmmmmm...........If only there were a way to view the full size images....................????

This is about the best I can do. Try using Ctrl and + to blow it up bigger.

Phil

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Phil..Teddy would have been proud to see his image so well done. I noticed you added some foilage to the screw head will you be adding details of the rest of the screws and pins in the side plate? At the NRA museum not far from my home there is a room set aside with President Roosevelt's guns, and in New York City I remember touring his brownstone...he had a den in the lower level filled with his trophies. Thank you for sharing your marvelous work. Keep up the good work.

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JJ, I don't think i'll be doing the pins, I have sometimes in the past, the problem is that sometimes after hardening the pins don't line up to where they were originally.

Joe, there's a pistol of mine on the Lindsay forum, it's covered in dollar notes.

Phil

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
Incredible work Phil!! This is what I aspire to and if I was only 6 instead of 60 I might have enough time to get half that good. Thanks for posting

S~

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just wonderful work Phil. I'm gone a few days and almost missed this that would have been a shame. The step by step is great. Thanks for sharing this.

Latest posts

Sponsors