Just a start

malcolm1787smith

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hello all! My name is Malcolm I’m 27 from Springfield mo and I’ve been working on getting into engraving. I’m looking for push gravers at the moment. I can’t post in the classifieds for some reason. my Email is malcolm1787@gmail.com if you think you have something I might be interested in.

Here is my first go at some. This is on a piece of copper. I took a piece of 2” copper pipe cut down the middle annealed and flattened. Very Crude but it’s a start for me. Still working out on how to shape and sharpen the one Graver I have ha.
09AB5627-326F-4832-B160-AB40C8C4AFA5.jpeg

malcolm1787smith

:::Pledge Member:::
I apologize for that. Definitely overlooked that. Thank you for the clarification!

monk

Staff member
engraving can be addicting so beware. now and then there's good deals to be had on ebay for used gravers. all will serve for push work on copper, brass, and any soft metal. you can also check in the classified section of the forum for used goodies for sale by members. your first is rather good. you show the most important of the design elements-- the scroll. don't forget the pencil. it's just as vital to good design as a properly sharpened graver. good luck to you

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Malcolm, knowing our kind and benevolent landlord Sam, you haven't burnt down any bridges!
Good first published work, and keep it coming.
Welcome aboard. Join in the Cafe for fun and help.

That reminds me..........and thank you Malcolm.
I need to make a donation to help with the Cafe bills too.
Easy to forget that the Cafe eats holes in landlord Sam's pockets while we are all learning, sharing and having fun!!
John B.

Latest posts

Sponsors