Japanese porcelain 3d scrollwork

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
wow comes to mind. it's difficult for me to think of how this was created. your fotos are better than those shown by the museum. they should hire you ! is there a name for this technique? just curious.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
is there a name for this technique? just curious.
The label on the museum wall had this description, but I suspect something might have gotten quite lost in the translation of her statement from Japanese to English:

"As she has done here, Aoki Katsuyo usually works with bone-white porcelain to create an intricate jumble of labyrinthine flourishes and eerie protrusions. In writing about her ceramics, she has observed that "the several decorative styles and forms I cite simultaneously hold divine and vulgar meaning in the present age".

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
The label on the museum wall had this description, but I suspect something might have gotten quite lost in the translation of her statement from Japanese to English:

"As she has done here, Aoki Katsuyo usually works with bone-white porcelain to create an intricate jumble of labyrinthine flourishes and eerie protrusions. In writing about her ceramics, she has observed that "the several decorative styles and forms I cite simultaneously hold divine and vulgar meaning in the present age".
tyvm. i'm going to pursue that a bit further. the piece just fascinates me

Latest posts

Sponsors