James Meek - E.C. Prudhomme engraving history

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
meek_drawings.jpg

meek_letter.jpg

I don't think I've posted this before, but if I have I apologize.

This is a letter from James B. Meek (Art of Engraving author) to E.C. Prudhomme written on Christmas eve 1972 . Mr. Meek includes photos and copies of material that will appear in his book that will also showcase some of Prudhomme's work. It's an interesting piece of engraving history that I though you might enjoy seeing.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam,James Meek was a real gentlemen when I would call him he always came to the phone to answer any question about engraving and like the pictures of my paints I sent him and his encouragement is what keep me going.I also talked with Bob Brownell and thanked him for publishing The Art of Engraving. J.J.

TexasPatriot

I should be recieving "The Art of Engraving" in the mail any day now, and frankly I cannot wait! Those are fantastic pieces of history and should be cherished. Thank you for sharing Sam. All of this is particularly overwhelming to a new guy like myself.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
like dakota doc, in a separate post-- this true friend of engravers sent me a couple of letters as well as spending time with me on the phone a couple of times.. thanks for showing sam.

Latest posts

Sponsors