James B. Meek Letter and Autographed Photo of his engraving

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I dug out my Meek book and the letter and photo I have stored inside the front cover. It's of no great historical significance but it's one of my prized keepsakes. I spoke to him on the phone several times. He was a very nice fellow for sure. In the letter, he mentions working on a second book. It would be nice to at least publish what he had of the second book. It must be in someone's archives. :)

JBMeek_01.jpg
JBMeek_02.jpg
JBMeek_03.jpg
JBMeek_04.jpg

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Looking at the chaw in that critter's jaw makes me think of "Old Goat's" chewing tobacco.
Available at your local feed store. :rolleyes:

JJ Roberts

Doc,That picture of the Stone Ram is animal anatomy at it's best,thank's for sharing.:thumbsup: J.J.

SamW

Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Over the years I have had the pleasure of engraving on joint projects with other engravers, the list being somewhere near 10. Just a few years ago I had the opportunity to do one with Mr. Meek, posthumously. A fellow had a set of bottom metal he had Mr. Meek engrave years ago and was finally building a rifle for the metal. I got the job of completing the rest of the rifle to match what Mr. Meek put on the bottom metal. A rare opportunity indeed.

Latest posts

Sponsors