I've been missing from 'round here

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been missing and several forum members have contacted me to ask if I'm ok. Yes, I'm ok.

On August 26th, my wife's birthday she found the dreaded lump on her left side. For days later we received the breast cancer diagnosis.

Oct. 1 she had a double mastectomy and the beginning of reconstruction. She was released on my birthday, Oct. 3rd. It was very nice to have her back home.

We found out on the 9th that no lymph nodes were involved. She will begin chemo on the 28th.

So we have had a rough month and are looking forward to 6 more.

I just finished a 1911 that says colt custom on the side. I'll get pictures up soon. I'm working on the third of the snakeskin derringers and on the class pistol from Mike Dubbers class. Do even though there are health issues in my house, the engraving hasn't slowed.

Thanks to Carlos and Bert for keeping me connected to the forum and checking in on me. I appreciate the friends I've made here.

Gerry

Andrew Biggs

Very sad to hear that news, Gerry. It must be a very trying time for all of you.

I sincerely hope it all works out and that your wife is on the path to recovery.

All the very best

Cheers
Andrew

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gerry, I have fought a constant battle with cancer for twenty years. Four times they have told me maybe 6 months but I am still here. It can be a long heartbreaking battle. The lose of energy and ambition can be trying for everyone at best. The changes your wife is and will go through will be trying. Perseverance is critical and will remain critical. Treatments will bring changes that can be hard on everyone. Have faith in each other. Thinking of your family. Fred

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Gerry Very sad news but hope all turns out well and I am sure every one wishes her the best and prayer go with you both chin up and dont give in, my mother inlaw was told 30years ago she had 5-10 if lucky and still here I think mental strenght helps, you both need it and dont give in.
All the very best

Ray

glstrcowboy

Elite Cafe Member
I'm very glad to hear it hasn't made it into the lymphnodes. That's a good sign! I hope the chemo goes well. We will be thinking of you.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
be of good cheer, Gerry- my mom went thru all that 25 yrs ago and the other day she called to tell me about her 5th hole-in-one. hang in there and (try to) keep thinking positive...
;)

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Gerry, So sorry to hear this news. Thinking of ya'll and hoping for the best. On my first go-round I stuck copies "Attitude" by Charles Swindell everywhere, by my desk, my bench, my kitchen. It's always helped me when I've had numerous pitty-parties for myself. You and your wife are probably lots stronger than me though, so hang in there.

Todd

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gerry. As always, feel free to call me to chat. I know the diversion of talking shop is a welcomed opportunity. I always enjoy speaking with you! That's good news about the lymph nodes.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gerry

Thank you for considering me your friend. The pleasure of considering you my friend has been mine. Your patience, guidance and good will to help others will be paid 10 fold in good fortunes for you and your loved ones.

Thanks again

Carlos De La O III

Last edited:

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad to hear your wife is on the mend. (that's how I read your post!) I am praying for that to continue and that soon this will just be a bad memory.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to hear the news, but am glad you both are on the mend. You also have my greatest respect for staying by your wife's side through all this. My mother was a breast cancer survivor until her passing from another form of cancer and her strong faith kept her, and the rest of her family, sane and in good spirits.
I am going to step out on a limb and recommend something to help her overcome this disease and recommend an old Ojibway natural remedy. I won't go into detail here, but google "Essiac" and check it out. Because cancer runs in my family, I take it daily as a precaution. I know several people that have said it cured either them or a family member. I'm not saying it does or doesn't work, but it sure can't hurt!
Good luck and give your wife constant love and assurance. You both seem like a strong and caring couple and I'll add you to my prayers.

Bill

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you to all who have responded and those that read and didn't know what to say. She is definitely on the mend. Chemo will be rough, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Latest posts

Sponsors