Question: I've been a good Boy

delder

Elite Cafe Member
Well, I know it's late, but I thought I would fire off a last minute letter to Santa.I have been mulling over the idea of a Wacom tablet. I know many of you have them. Even after reading some reviews I'm not sure which one I should ask Santa for. I recently bought a iMac and love it . This would be a great addition to my shop. I have been a good boy this year and can't imagine why Santa wouldn't say yes. Anyway ,Maybe y'all could help out here.Oh yeah, I'm also asking for a Daisy Red Rider. Don't think I'll get that though. My wife says I might shot out my eye. Thanks for your help guys.

Southtexas

Elite Cafe Member
My first suggestion would be to decide which programs you want to use the Wacom with, and then see which features would be most useful.
I've had one since they first came out (a couple upgrades since then, but it's been a while).
I can tell you that you will love it with graphic programs like Photoshop, it's somewhat useful with Illustrator type programs and 'can' be used with any program like you would a mouse. You are going to love it, but you're going to use it a lot less than you think. It's a tool and like any tool it has it's place and it has times that you really need a different tool.
That said, I wouldn't want to do without mine at all.
Cliff

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
They are very nice to play on, but I would stick it out for the Red Ryder BB gun. You will use that while the tablet gathers dust. I find a new pencil teaches me more. But thats just an opinion. I also find the pencil to be more portable to use while waiting someplace.

scott99

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And a Red Ryder is a great practice plate... Be the first on your block to own a Red Ryder Witt 100% coverage!

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
I purchased one recently. I still prefer to use the mouse for Photoshop. Maybe this will change with practice.

The tablet replaced my Apple Magic Trackpad.

devonsaunders

I have an intos 4 Xl tablet at work I use it extensively for layout, photo editing and cad it takes a bit of getting use to. I'm looking a purchasing a cintique 22 or24hd display. I've had a chance to use the 13 inch it's a little to small and requires a lot of zooming . Depending on budget I would recommend a cintique then the intos in the medium to large size .

donarizona

I have the Inturos 4 medium with iMac and a 42 inch Panasonic screen. Wacom has great customer service. I dropped my tablet out of warranty and Wacom sent me a new one. They have a newer model that cost less. I use tablet with several applications including iPhoto. I discovered this group by googling a question about engraving. Great group first post. Ordered my first set of manual push tools yesterday. Will probably end up getting the power engraver.

Sponsors