Its been a while, but here is my latest

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
The coloring was kind of an accident. I started using some Ferric Chloride (Circuit board etch, Buffalo nickel date restorer) which gave it a dark border and a rainbow effect on the bust area. I didn't like the color so I tried using some rust remover to clean off the toning (I couldn't find my Tarnex), but I had used it previously as a pickle for some sterling silver castings I had done and the dissolved copper in the rust remover transferred to the dollar giving it a brownish color with very slight rainbow undertones. I then carried it in my back pocket for about a day. Almost too simple.

Joe

Honest. That's what I did.

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
:banana:

I see I see, looks good.

I had the same problem with some pic's I down sized using an old program. Used Canon camera software the second time and then everyone could see them. I think it is how the files are compressed, messed up and getting lost in the www.com

[my made up website address is a real one!!]

Last edited:

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And for those whom do not know, all work done with optivisor and H&C, and push , Quite impressive my two cents:thumbs up:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I tried the photo overlay trick yesterday and it was a big help! :thumbs up:

Thanks!

Ok, the guy still came out a bit weird but full-face is pretty tricky.

I didn't make a nickle sized print to let me transfer the main lines exactly but I will give that try when I get a chance.

My first try at this was rather crude but even at that things went much better.