Help, please: interested in learning engraving

leo

Elite Cafe Member
hello every body my name is Leo I live in jersey city NJ I been looking for somebody that does engraving in this area it could be in NY or long island area since there's not a lot of engravers in these area I am planning a trip for sometime next year to see if I could attend one of JJ Roberts classes but I would love to meet a local engraver for the traveling it don't matter I am willing to go that extra mile if it means that I would learn something valuable

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
good luck in your engraving pursuit. most valued tool to most-- a pencil. a sharpening system, a ball vise is almost a must-unless you plan on hammer & chisel engraving.until you find an instructor, the tips section is a treasure of info. don't cheat yourself-- look thru the forum pages - there's a total engraving education there, just waiting to be read by one such as you. don't let this resource go tot waste-- use it.

leo

Elite Cafe Member
thank you for the info I must gone over a dozen time a day over the tip section and looking over sam igraver page and I have learn a lot of trik that he uses and the other engraver I even took an extra job just to save to buy my equipment

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your attitude tells me you will prevail. don't be fooled-- engraving is a difficult art to master. persistence makes it work !

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Why don't I have this type of luck I would like to say I live in Laredo Texas and someone pop up and say they live nearby..:banghead:

Carlos De La O III

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There are several engravers in Austin and San Antonio

Austin and San Antonio would be great actually I'll be in Austin on the 27th for the Black Sabbath concert:beer: but San Antonio would be even better its closer, where can I locate someone?

Distance Austin 4 hours
San Antonio 2:30 if I speed

I did a search and found some old 2009-2010 posts on Mr Lindsay's site sent some PM's hope they come through

Carlos De La O III

Last edited:

leo

Elite Cafe Member
I been trying to contact kieth from his page but I been having no luck if sees this msg just right me a private msg so I could go down to his studio

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Leo, I sent you a PM. Im not on here much been swamped with work. PM has my cell number call me during the day.

Latest posts

Sponsors