In Muscam Veritas

santos

Elite Cafe Member
IMG_3314.jpg

This fishing rod is the latest I’ve made, it’s a 7 feet split bamboo and will be a present for my grandson.

P1050430.jpg
He is six years old and begins learning fly casting in the lawn and I expect he will take his first trout next season.

IMG_3274.jpg
I’ve engraved the reel and the reel seat with some « medieval » engravings , inspired by a trout that can be seen in a stained glass of the cathedral of Carcassonne.
P1050525.jpg
Here is the practice plate for the reel seat in titanium

P1050343.jpg
It seems that in 12th century they where using something close to a fly for fishing in the Aude river .

IMG_3283.jpg
A little prayer may help for fishing, and I pass near the old church when going down to the river …

IMG_3310.jpg
Here are my trout streams. As you can see, there are no sheeps on the edges, so the trouts have nothing to eat, and they stay small of course …

IMG_3342.jpg
A lot of trouts come up to see the engravings . I released all them , first because I was here for having fun and not to eat , and secondly because most of them were really small.
This is one of the biggest , please don’t laugh you the fishermen of the cafe !!!

I know there are Biiig trouts in some parts of the world , but I can tell you that our trouts are very hard to catch and they jump up out of the water when hooked…

The trout seem to like my engraving , and I hope you too

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice fishing equipment. great color combination and engraving on the Ti. and sure a present for your grandson worth to cherish.

Is all the metal Ti?

arnaud

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What a great present for your grandson, he is a lucky boy. Great pictures:clapping:

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Tank you Arnaud, Willem and Dave:)

Arnaud the reel is aluminium made but I change the flange by a Titanium one ( turned off a 0,5mm plate) The reel seat and ferules are turned in my lathe with Ti

Dave , I'm certainly a lucky grandfather ;)

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Santos
You should probably send your masterpiece to father Silverchip for an annointing in the Salmon river.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Santos
You should probably send your masterpiece to father Silverchip for an annointing in the Salmon river.
Send this rod to father Silverchip for an annointing in the River of No Return and its giant trouts ?

Father Silvership is certainly a Holy man ,as he lives in fishermen's paradise. But I think it will be something like sending directly to its grave this poor rod made for our pigmy trouts

Non Merci Texascowboy :cool:I prefer this rod rest in peace here ….Amen
IMG_3284.JPG