I'd engraver

Bobby Nesbitt

Not sure where to post this but I could use some help I'm trying to I'd this engraver,
There are no marks or signatures on the gun that I have found.
Thanks
Bobby

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 322

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you can post a sharply focused, close up image of a section of the scrollwork, I may be able to answer your question. The image you posted has too much glare and shadows for identification.

Bobby Nesbitt

More pictures

Here are a few more pictures. Most of the engraving is on the slide and the sides of the frame..it's a 63-64 national match
Thanks everyone!
Bobby

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 214

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger, Notice how the scrolls are stacked on the muzzle and a couple of other places. That looks familiar to me. Can't put a name to it though. Fred

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I believe it was done by Hiroo Ogawa who worked for REI Engraving (Bob Izenstark) in Illinois in the 1970's. I have only seen one gun signed by Ogawa of the many he engraved which fits with this gun. The main thing is the total lack of shading in the two element leaves and the way the larger leaves with the reverse curl are shaded. Also the wall to wall coverage was typical of REI work. The gold borders are also an REI standard whereas guns done by Ogawa and his colleagues in Japan usually have silver border work.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Roger,
Angelo Bee ????

Roger

Angelo Bee signs all of his work, including the work he did in Belgium. Usually Signed ABEE. On his work done in America he uses the symbol of a bee. The first image below is from a Superposed done while Angelo worked in Liege and the one with the bee is on an SKB done in the US.

Attachments

• Bee, A. (Angelo) signature 2.jpg
    Bee, A. (Angelo) signature 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Bee, A. (Angelo) with bee symbol.jpg
    Bee, A. (Angelo) with bee symbol.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Sponsors