Question: I acquired a neat Colt but can't find any info can you help

csm47362

I picked up this neat Colt from an estate. I have posted it on the coltforum.com and searched the web high and low with no luck. As you can tell it is a SAA with almost a full engraving and finished in a gold tone with what I believe are ivory grips. It says it is a Freedom of expression a copyrighted project buy Dwain R. Wright. This is a Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass edition gun Set A 2 of 20. Other than it being a beautiful gun I have no information. I can't find anything on Dwain Wright or The Freedom of Expression guns. Help!
012s.jpg 015s.jpg 016s.jpg 020s.jpg 018s.jpg 013s.jpg 011s.jpg 017s.jpg 012s.jpg 015s.jpg 016s.jpg 020s.jpg 018s.jpg 013s.jpg 011s.jpg 017s.jpg 012s.jpg 015s.jpg 016s.jpg 020s.jpg 018s.jpg 013s.jpg 011s.jpg 017s.jpg

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
There is a photo of this gun and case in Roger Bleile's book "American Engravers", 1980. Dwain R. Wright , from Bend Oregon, was born in 1946. I'm sure Roger could tell you more.
Gordon Alcorn

leo

Elite Cafe Member
i think for the masters to help you here you would have to get closer pics of the engraving it self since its not really visible the butt plate and the show case wont say a lot

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I remember when these were being auctioned (if I recall correctly) in national rifle association mag back in the mid 70,s as a fund raiser for something. There were several companies producing limited edition firearms for one thing or another. Commemorative usually have a lower value than a plan model on the secondary market especially if the have been shot or do not have the box they came in. unopened adds to value. There used to be a company in south Dakota who specialized in these commemoratives. You could have a few done for your county, your sporting goods store, What ever you wanted. A lot of engravers did production runs fro them. Wish they weren't using laser and etching these days. could be a good source of work fro engravers. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors