Hurricane Sandy

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
We had our tree pruning and armageddon week in June, right Mark? I was really hoping this storm would bring back a piece or two of this house. .... and lemme guess - you got some of that roadkill stew on the potbelly stove simmering down, figured there was time to check the forum and your eyes just lit up with an opportunity to bust my chops. ;) btw ... Those are not the sounds of gunshots outside, it's trees snapping from the weight of the snow and wind.

Really hope Kieth up there in Joisy is alright ....

Last edited:

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Chris,
LOL, not often but it sure is fun. We really missed the worst of it. Good time for hunting season. Hunker down there buddy and watch the windows! forgot you're under ground!
Mark

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
It appears that no one we know has been injured so far. I still have not heard directly from the two nephews who live in the New York City area, and am hoping to hear from them soon. Nephew Neil Fennell posted on Facebook that the play he is directing in New York did not close during the storm, so I guess that means he is safe enough.

A backup generator is always a good idea -- it can keep some lights and the refrigerator going. Mine was very useful after the tornado two years ago.

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was pretty scary here in CT. Just got power back this afternoon, and I feel VERY fortunate. MANY trees down, including one on one of my neighbors houses. No injuries though and compared to the shoreline communities we were LUCKY.

UNBELIEVABLE that this storm happened one year to the day after Alfred, which was FAR more devastating.

Having a generator and warmer weather made things MUCH more bearable. The storm sounded like a freight train for an extended period of time! I think a "microburst" hit our neighborhood, based on the uprooting and toppling of trees. After hearing the sound of devastation, there was then a calm period and the sky illuminated?? As the "eye" passed over, the full moon was shining brightly. It was eery!

Sponsors