How to Engrave a Gun!

Andrew Biggs

So, apparently, you are supposed to have the gun loaded before you sketch the design?

Absolutely.......it's more fun that way and gives a certain element of danger to the whole process. :)

I love the way that you just slide the graver across the metal.

Who writes this stuff???

Cheers
Andrew

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Jerry,
A load has been lifted from my search and journey to get good at this. I had no idea it could be this easy!
And I think I've been unloading the gun way too early in the process!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hell, if i have to bother removing the ammo, i'll just pay a gunsmith to remove it. fewer legal entanglements that way.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
"Instructions:

1 Sketch the design you want to engrave on the gun.
2 Unload the gun..."

So, apparently, you are supposed to have the gun loaded before you sketch the design? :)

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_6651507_engrave-gun.html#ixzz30Vi48ZNN

The added weight of the ammo helps lessen the vibration thereby reducing the number of flat spots and elbows in your scrolls....you MUST read between the lines in order to become a Master Gun engraver (universally known fact among cap gun and BBgun enthusiastttt).

This article has knocked off like......minutes...of many of our learning curves!!! We should rejoice!!! Free knowledge for the taking. I'm gonna find a spoon and dig in!!!:roll eyes:

Donny

Foster

Priceless! Now that engraving has been demystified, I can finally focus on other interests. I'm hoping that the author will write an article about DIY power transformer repair or maybe even one about brain surgery! I just feel bad for Sam - nobody is going to want to take classes or buy instructional dvd's anymore.....:biggrin:

Jesse Foster

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Priceless! Now that engraving has been demystified, I can finally focus on other interests. I'm hoping that the author will write an a I just feel bad for Sam - nobody is going to want to take classes or buy instructional dvd's anymore.....:biggrin:
Jesse Foster

Yup. This is a sad day for us instructors. Even our secret of rubbing the graver against a grinding stone lightly coated with oil is now out in the public.

About the author: "Rebecca Suzanne Delaney began publishing in 1980. She is a university-trained artist and the author of dozens of books and articles on a variety of topics, including arts and crafts, law, business and public policy. Delaney earned degrees in liberal arts, psychology and law."

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
About the author: "Rebecca Suzanne Delaney began publishing in 1980. She is a university-trained artist and the author of dozens of books and articles on a variety of topics, including arts and crafts, law, business and public policy. Delaney earned degrees in liberal arts, psychology and law."

I've known a few "writers" that write for the sake of writing. No need for facts...

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
She should have studied instructional design. I was in my undergrad studies who was in a physics class with me. She passed with a B- however she thought she was taking Psychology. We may have a similar phenomena going on here. Fred

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
If you follow her instructions and the gun dischatges while tracing around the trigger, will she represent herself? We know she's a fool, albeit wealthier than I am!

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In the Lovejoy (Ian Mcshane) tv series, in one episode he had a cased pair of flintlock duellers, someone asked him about the colours on the guns, his reply was. This is called case hardening, it comes about when the guns are left in a case for a hundred or more years, the combination of the steel and the case, makes the colours which harden the steel!....Say no more!

Phil

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Wow... I guess signing up here for the Cafe' was worth it!

Now I can abandon coming to this site anymore... who'd have thought all that valuable information was on eHow?

I've enjoyed my short stay! LOL

Latest posts

Sponsors