How to access pictures of older "tips archive"?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
When members choose to host photos offsite as opposed to uploading them, the photos are at the mercy of the member maintaining his account on the hosting site (Photobucket, Flickr, etc). If they're gone then there's nothing I can do to recover them.

When members UPLOAD photos to the forum, the photos are stored in our database and will always be there.

John P. Anderson

Elite Cafe Member
What Sam said....... Think to the long term when you post photos on forums and upload to the hosting website. Do take time to resize to a proper resolution for web viewing to minimize the use of the host storage. I usually size under 1200 pixels in width. 800 pixel wide is usually plenty good.

Burned out and retired net admin,

John

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i uploaded nearly a thousand or so myself. took a lot of my time to resize to save forum memory space. proper re sizing is the polite, thoughtful, and correct thing to do.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
What Sam said....... Think to the long term when you post photos on forums and upload to the hosting website. Do take time to resize to a proper resolution for web viewing to minimize the use of the host storage. I usually size under 1200 pixels in width. 800 pixel wide is usually plenty good.

Burned out and retired net admin,

John

Wishful thinking John. Not only are they rarely resized, people won't even take the time to crop out all of the empty space around the engraved article. It's not uncommon to see a small engraved wedding ring in the center of a huge photo with tons of empty space around it.