how many gravers

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
am curious. for those of you who care to count that high-- how many gravers do you have in your collection ?

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Monk, do you mean: sharpened ready to use, in push handles, quick changes, experimentally ground failures that will someday be salvaged... or retempered.

Used in power assisted handpieces?

Or do you wanna include my personal stash of vintage liner blanks that haven't seen the light of day yet?

Brian

(I'm not going to count the boxes of blanks out in the classroom)

Last edited:

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Must have 60 or 70, or more counting ALL the push gravers! What I USE though is a Graver Max and a c-max 120, both widths of c-max flats, Glensteel flats in 37, 40, 41, and 45 plus two liners. Have a few modified pushers that I use for tight background removal, probably 33 or 34. Thats about it. The others look nice, but I have to dust them regularily.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have about 120. I have a collection of 80 aditional push gravers in a wooden antique bench case and about 35 for my airgravers. Have about 25 unhandled push graver and and new 3/32. Fred

rodsta

Elite Cafe Member
Too many to count....

I've got a half dozen collections of old antique gravers in handles don't know how many. Then there's the old gravers mostly liners (probably 100), without handles that only get used once in a great while. Then there's a collection of new gravers that are for backup that probably won't get used in this lifetime as I have about 8-10 that I use regularly, mostly 120s and 90s but there are 50 in a rack that are ready to go at all times. These run the range of liners, flats, sculpting flats, rounds, bulino, setting, even one that's about 150 degrees for some specialty cuts.
I think this goes right along with the TAS that was talked about on an earlier thread. I always like getting the old collections as there are special little goodies that keeps me pondering what they were used for in there......*smile
Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have 78 sharpened and ready for battle. i have maybe 30 or so oldies that i keep in case i want to re grind them to something else. i was mainly curious as to how many one had for regular use.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've literally got well into the 1000+ range. Between the gravers I regularly use and the ones I've inhertited from my grandfather. He gave me an old pacific cloth bag that is the size used to store a teapot full of gravers that are brand new. These include everything from flats, rounds, squares, tapered lozenge, and every size imaginable of liners. Add to that his collection of gravers mounted in handles and it's really pretty ridiculous!!!