horn cap

zmankay

Shawn, I agree with your assessment of the two areas you mentioned but unless you pointed them out I don't believe the eye is drawn to those areas. It looks like your "Carlos Border" has changed. It seems like the center is now circular as opposed to the two nicks you showed in your video. Are you using a bur to place the centers in the Carlos Border, and if so what size bur are you using? Your work is superb, as usual.

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
jim i used a beading tool on the carlos border.
i am guessing that like anything else a person can add different elements to the border.

lenny as for the nicks i get them as well. when i get a big one i just recut the leaf to hide the error.
marty
i really spend a bunch of time looking at your and sams,phils, johnny w's and steve lindsays work.
lee g's drawing book really gave me a great boost. when i combined all of your great work and teaching things started to fall into place. i really like to study a casting that i got from chris....the one with the quail. this has great sample of leaves and shade.
i have invested in everything... castings , books , video , one on one instruction, prayer and lots of practice.
this and other forums are a great place to learn and extend wisdom.
thanks to everyone that has offered me their ideas and shared their work.
shawn
finished engraving
will add 5 silver beads to finish the butterfly body

Attachments

• pk silver 019.jpg
    pk silver 019.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors