horn cap

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
i love how you are shading the flowers. gives me an idea how to fill in a few places on a mothers day project.

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
You have all that wonderful uniformity in the different borders, wonderful shading on the leaves and flowers, then you put four different wings on the butterfly, and I wonder why, but you're the artist and I still like it. Thanks for sharing

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks everyone
i see a couple of things that i would change if i had to do this over again.:thinking:
would love to be able to cut some super fine lines at the top of the leaves that fold over themselves.:handpiece:
phil c's work really makes me want to keep trying to find areas that i need to improve upon.
i am guessing that the way to get the fine shade lines like he does is to maybe hand push in those areas.:chip:
thanks for the comments:tiphat:
shawn

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn do you remove metal from the background in the engraved area of the piece?

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i have found 2 areas that should be done different.
one i should have extended the leaf.
second i should have left the leaf and added some light shading to continue the flow.
you guys see anything else?

tkelch

i really like your shading here it gives so much depth to the desigh and seems to give a great flow to the scrolls.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You do a nice uniform and clean job of background removal. I have a hard time keeping my edges from being dinged up from the graver at least in a couple places. And the stippling looks great also. Next project like this one can you post a picture of it in the "white" so we can get an idea of what it looks like before it is inked?

Latest posts

Sponsors