Help, please: Home made Transfer solution

Hello there,
I need some help as I have recently ran out of my last lot of Transfer magic from TW design. Then I bought damar varnish and Zippo lighter fluid to make some transfer solution at home.
Can someone tell me what percentage should be used for DAMAR VARNISH and ZIPPO Lighter Fluid to make home made transfer solution please. Thanks, AK
:rolleyes:

bblake

80 zippo to 20 damar. Experiment with a little more damar depending on weather(or the temperature of your room). You should not need more than 25% damar. That's my experience anyway.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It depends on two things:
1. The concentration of your varnish, which comes in various strength solutions. Mine is already diluted as purchased and I use it straight from the bottle.
2. What printer you are using and whether it's an inkjet or laser. Some printers transfer better than others and you have to experiment with what works best for you

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
try mikes' "cirelli sauce" as i call it. look in the tips section. that works best for me. costs very little to experiment-- results well worth the investment.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dip a Q tip into straight Damar, then dip it into Zippo, rolling it round for a few seconds. Done. Use the Q Tip to paint your metal surface, and let dry for a few minutes to get tacky.

Rod

Last edited:
It depends on two things:
1. The concentration of your varnish, which comes in various strength solutions. Mine is already diluted as purchased and I use it straight from the bottle.
2. What printer you are using and whether it's an inkjet or laser. Some printers transfer better than others and you have to experiment with what works best for you

Hi there
Thanks for the reply.
1. I will be using Damar varnish which comes in small bottle already mixed and with set consistency as you mentioned above so no problem with that.
2. The printer I have is an HP Inkjet Printer scanner 2355 works like a dream with Tom White transparencies and TW solution. This is the first time I will be using the my own home made transfer solution.

Latest posts

Sponsors