Hog

sinan

I will try to finish it with more trees and scroll. Do you have any advice to complete it?

Attachments

• P1010415.jpg
    P1010415.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 227

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
sinan,The last thing you need on a firearm is female boar with piglets,maybe if you illustrating a childerns book.The tree don't look natural there all the same they look like the branchs were all trimmed by a landscaper.A running boar with dogs hanging on a hine leg,an ear,action is what you want to see in a game scene. J.J.

sinan

Hi Robert, Thanks for your advice. I will always remember your advice after this while drawing trees. I will try to change the size of the trees in this plate and see what will be. I need much more drawing practices by pencil. By the way what is the difference between hog and boar? Why this animal has two names in English?

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
By the way what is the difference between hog and boar? Why this animal has two names in English?

There are more that just two names in English. A hog is a domesticated pig which is raised for slaughter. "Boar" can refer to a wild pig or an uncastrated male pig. (The female pig is a sow.) A piglet is a young pig of either sex.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Also a shoat a piglet that has recently been weaned. Swine is another English word for all pigs.

When engraving a boar on a gun, you want to make the animal look fierce. That is usually what hunters like. Below is a wild boar and dog scene engraved by Hans Doesel.

Attachments

• Boar & dog scene by Hans Doesel eng..jpg
    Boar & dog scene by Hans Doesel eng..jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 135

sinan

Also a shoat
When engraving a boar on a gun, you want to make the animal look fierce. That is usually what hunters like. Below is a wild boar and dog scene engraved by Hans Doesel.

I am upland bird hunter and never hunted any boar and I hadn't think like that. This boar and dog scene is very beautiful thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Sponsors