High- End work on Ti

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is some more High-End Ti work. First I made the Ti wire, then the settings fitting the oval stones. I had to find a way welding it all together the High –End way,â€￾ no trashes of the weldingâ€￾ like one could do soldering on precious metal.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wonder why no one besides Bert, is interested in how this can be done.
a tread only becomes interesting when some participate.
You might think this grows like fruit on a tree, it is not.

arnaud

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok Arnuad, I would like to see how you made the Ti wire.I use a homemade drawing bench for making wire out of silver but that is easy. Ti is very interesting and not something I work with.I think the settings are good design and will be quite nice when thy are finished.What will you use for stones?Emeralds or tsavorsite or?how would you cut the seat for these type of stones in Ti? Will you do a little engraving on them to brighten them up for bling ? You could do a small pattern around the support and base to give it that extra touch and would give you a challenge on a small piece. Let's see if you can do it!!!!!!!

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wonder why no one besides Bert, is interested in how this can be done.
a tread only becomes interesting when some participate.
You might think this grows like fruit on a tree, it is not.

arnaud

It looks very interesting to me but because I don´t work that much with Ti (and I think more people don´t) I didn´t ask for details yet.
But you sure did put a spark to it and I will tri some Ti in future, you made me curious about that Arnaud and thanks for that.

Last edited:

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
I would enjoy seeing pictures of each step you use to produce your art. The ti piece as well as the gold bracelet. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and passion of the arts.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud,

I read all of the threads here with interest but I am mostly engaged in engraving guns. I learn a lot from yours and may others posts but I don't think I will ever use it personally. BUT I find that when you and others contribute these types of threads that it helps to start me thinking about expanding into other niches...but my first engraving passion will always be firearms.

I do thank you for posting all of these interesting things though.

Donny

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Arnaud,

To be honest I’m interested in all of your Ti posts. I can never think of what to say, I know nothing of Ti, or making jewelry although I am very interested in learning about both, I’ll try to be more participatory, hopefully in a positive way. So teach Arnaud, many of us are watching and learning, we just forget you don’t hear us thinking how much we appreciate your efforts, so thank you.

Bob

Last edited:

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
I for one am also interested Arnaud. I find the amazing Ti metal very exotic. I appreciate all the help you have given so far. I will be ordering some Ti today. I would have thought for sure you could not draw the wire out yourself. Pretty much what silverchip says. I see no seat for the stones. Its usually on the the inside of the prongs?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doug, the oval stones was seat by the prongs that what is normally the seat, now on the outside; it is there because it was set with small diamonds as you perhaps can see on the drawing.

arnaud

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,
I would be interested to hear more about your soldering techniques. Are you using the PUK for this work?

ivar

thank you for all your messages and education..I is very interested in titanium.May I ask you what TI stands for. What should I buy.How to work titanium.Kuttings,rollers,grinding velding Do I need a laser or Puk,and argon gas for welding.How much kostTitanium?
is Títaníum sold in grams or ounce.
With gratitude Ã￾var

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member
I'd love to know more. I have no knowledge whatsoever about making jewellery so I can't even think of a question.

BenKnight

Hey Arnuad!
Very clean work! I would really like to see the finished piece. I've been a professional goldsmith for almost 8 years.
I have a lot of questions as I haven't worked with titanium very much, but would like to.
Did you weld the wires together with a laser welder? If so what settings did you use? What kind of stones are going to be set? Did you anneal the titanium? How do you go about annealing it... do you use a firecoat, what kind of gas, and when do you quench it?
I just picked up a few scrap pieces of titanium from a local machining company to see how it would engrave. It's a medical grade titanium, pretty soft. I can't find the grade number on it at the moment...
Thanks for the post!

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Peter soldering is not possible, yes I use a PUK for welding.

Ivar, search some of my posts on the forum about Titanium.

Dutch, no problem, I could make you a Ti Cowbell, but you want an engraved one.

Ben, lots of questions you have, I have no laser, I use a PUK 3, yes I anneal Ti, no gas, only argon when welding,

arnaud

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So clean.
Don't really get the feel of the metal in a picture. I'm sure to hold is the virtue.
But what I like is the precision of the work, and the eccentricity of the desighn.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bear, I don't have a photo from those earrings after the stones were set, I have one of the earrings when I finished them. Thing is that these kind of earrings are pretty comfortable to wear because of the weight. The stones have the most weight. So no sagging earlobes.

arnaud

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, There lightness is the first thing i thought of as a selling point. I cut my first couple the other day. Nothing that exciting. Yes ,ceartinly a different metal. Hard on sawblades. Im thinking a shear and maybe some diamond lapidary wheels might speed things up for some basic shapes. No welder yet.
Doug

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Cool looks, fashionable and without superfluous details!

Latest posts

Sponsors