Announcement: helpful tip . demagnetization

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
Was going to make one but remembered I had an old small above ground pool pump in my shop. They normally have a magnetic impeller . Which has an enclosed coil . Took it apart, took magnetic impeller out. And presto . Now I have a 110v plastic enclosed , safe to handle demagnetization device. .....

For those who don't know . A demagnetization tool. Takes the magnetic charge you graver may get from sharpening.

Y'all have a good one... Jared.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good idea Jared, Thanks. Did you know that if you are striking whether with hammer or air assist south to north you will magnetize your tool. Not sure how that works south of the equator. Fred

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Not only that but if you engrave in a pyramid when the flax is ripe and your soul is pure your graver will become sharper and gold will fall from your fingertips. Or maybe that was spinning straw into...:thinking: oh well whatever.

Bob

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
I believe you are lost, you'll not find a pyramid in fairytale land, all the architecture there is from the dark ages set a in middle European background. Perhaps I should draw you a map?

Bob

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
and all I have is a lousy garage.....this explains a lot.

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Well Jared, it's not far from Lee's garage, just walk in the side door and wave at Lee as you pass, he's pointed the way so many times he's put up a sign. It will be right in front of you when you walk in, it says "follow your imagination" this way->.

Bob

So If i stick my sharpened gravers in a potato while in a pyramid, will it explode in a cloud of stardust? and when the dust settles will I find an engraved piece with my signature already on it?

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
OK guys. Seriously. The pump coil works great for me. I took the magnet out of a screw driver with it. But be aware its is strong and it will pull your graver to one side. This is normal.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
That's backwards Simone...

The DULL gravers go in the potato. They come out sharp the next morning.

At least they used to. In Victor Vasquez's shop... for one summer...

Pyramid sharpening hadn't been invented yet. Nor the templates to go with 'em.

You will see the cloud of stardust AFTER you ferment the used potatoes and swallow the result...

Then you will also be able to see your signature everywhere you look.

Your morning toast for example...

B.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors