Help with my setup

Hi everybody, After travelling around the world for some time to study jewelry and engraving I got back home to Italy and I am slowly setting up my studio.

I will be buying a lindsay in the next week or so (Classic with foot pedal) and I am doing a bit of research on regulators and compressed air etc..

I would buy all the regulators ect from Lindsay but I am REALLY tight with money (in Italy we pay 21% VAT on what we buy overseas), so I decided I'll see if I can make my own regulators and buy a foot pedal that fits the entire setupand spend less money on the process, it takes a bit longer but for now I do have spare time..

I've come up with a couple of questions while researching the subject:
  • What kind of hoses are used for the foot pedal and for the airline to the tool? what about the compressor to regulator hose?
  • What kind of valve is used under the foot pedal, or alternatively what kind of footpedal is that (I know it's pneumatic but does it have some specifics to it?)

If anybody knows more specifications about the subject, feel free to post them, any help is welcome.

Thanks everybody in advance,

Simone

P.S. Just to clarify, I'm going with an AirGraver because that's what I learned with and I don't want to try new systems right now, I'll be doing it in the future if money allows it.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Hi everybody, After travelling around the world for some time to study jewelry and engraving I got back home to Italy and I am slowly setting up my studio.

I will be buying a lindsay in the next week or so (Classic with foot pedal) and I am doing a bit of research on regulators and compressed air etc..

I would buy all the regulators ect from Lindsay but I am REALLY tight with money (in Italy we pay 21% VAT on what we buy overseas), so I decided I'll see if I can make my own regulators and buy a foot pedal that fits the entire setupand spend less money on the process, it takes a bit longer but for now I do have spare time..

I've come up with a couple of questions while researching the subject:
  • What kind of hoses are used for the foot pedal and for the airline to the tool? what about the compressor to regulator hose?
  • What kind of valve is used under the foot pedal, or alternatively what kind of footpedal is that (I know it's pneumatic but does it have some specifics to it?)

If anybody knows more specifications about the subject, feel free to post them, any help is welcome.

Thanks everybody in advance,

Simone

P.S. Just to clarify, I'm going with an AirGraver because that's what I learned with and I don't want to try new systems right now, I'll be doing it in the future if money allows it.

Since you intend to buy a Lindsay Classic I would suggest you ask those questions of Steve Lindsay himself. I'm sure he would be happy to assist you in every way.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There are plenty of Lindsay users here as well. Between the two forums you will certainly get the information you requested.

Best of luck setting up your new work area :thumbsup:

Thanks sam! I found out about almost any part I need.

The only thing setting me off a bit is the needle valve for the idle setting, how is that thing called and where do I get one? (3 way needle valve? bleed valve?)

Simone

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You're welcome, Simone. I can't help you with that question, but I'm sure someone else can.

Cheers / ~Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i use a little portable compressor. the regulator on this unit sets the main pressure going to the lindsay regulator. lindsays regulator sets the final pressure going to the handpiece. i use 1/4' poly hose from the compressor to steves' regulator. if you buy the classic it will come equipped with the very thin hose that goes to the pedal as well as the handpiece.if you buy the classic it will come with the needed foot pedal, valve, and his regulator. i don't know if lindsay would sell a classic without all the ancillary equipment. even if you buy a used unit, i'd think the foot pedal and regulator would go along with the sale. as far as making your own valving system, good luck with that. be aware, these modern air assist devices must be kept very clean. the tiniest bit of gunk from a hommade system that gets into the handpiece bore-- you have to stop and clean it.

Latest posts

Sponsors