Help Needed URGENTLY!!!!

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Folks, I know I havent been active Lately, But Got a Job as Project Manager and the working hours are Long.!!!! (After 3 years out of work)

I need a carver for Metal, Which is the best?, I use a Dremmel for my Ivory carving, but too cumbersome and heavy.

I got in a Heap of animal heads to do on firearms, and as my time is FEW, I need to speed up my work, doing it with flats and round gravers at present.
Takes for ever!!!:mad:

Does anyone know of a Carver available, preferably second Hand, in good condition!! (With the 8x exchange rate, will kill my pocket.) or has one to Trade, swop SELL.!!

Your Help would be greatly Appreciated.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nice to hear from you, cb. i've got a proxxon that's a cut or two better than the dreml. about a month ago i saw a milwaukee brand cordless that's real nice- id rate the proxxon and milwaukee as far better tools than dreml. i paid a hundred (us ) dollars for the milwaukee. cant recall what i spent on the proxxon. both will take the dreml adjustable chuck. a very handy feature. in truth, i'd find both quite cumbersom for doing small background removal. as to your need, ebay might be the way to go, but not real sure about shipping fees to your location. ebay shipping can sometimes kill an otherwise good deal.

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Monk, Yup I took The Plunge and got me the NSK Presto that aharman had for sale. Shipping out here is rough Gesswein charged me $75 for normal mail.
Hope it will do the job I want to Do.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cb sorry i forgot about that one. actually for background removal- if i use rotary-- i use a high speed dental type drill. has a no-load speed of around 400k rpm. very easy to control, but doesn't "dig" very fast. you have my sympathy regarding the shipping fees to your area. don't be too busy to send us all a foto now and then.

Latest posts

Sponsors