Hellow from Wisconsin

dottedzebra

edit - 'Hello from Wisconsin' :)

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking and reading around here for a while and thought I'd introduce myself.

I make knives and have always been amazed at the engravings some people have on their knives. That led me to this site and seeing all the other incredilbe things being done.

One of the first things I saw was Alain's grouse gun when he posted it maybe 6-8 months ago. Wow.

I ordered both scroll design books and have been practicing while saving up for a air assit graver. I'll be picking up Meek's book soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the information that's here!

Mike

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome Mike! We're glad you're here. Ask away if you have any questions - we're a friendly bunch. :)

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome mike,

You will enjoy it here. There are answers galore.

Ron S

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome, sir. the meeks book will give you a good look at all you will need to begin engraving. the million or so questions you will come up with, are either already answered here, posted on the forum, or can be answered by the members. all you need do is ask.

JT Kinney

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Mike,

Welcome, Read, Learn, and Enjoy.

I live in Stevens Point, and if I can help you get started in any way just give me a call. I will send You a PM with contact info.

Best Wishes, and Welcome, :thumbs up:

JT

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice to have you on this Forum, Mike!

You can have a ton of fun push graving and drawing, inspired by those great books, while you save up for more expensive tools. You will find great engraving art on this site done by every possible level of tooling, from hand, hammer and chisel, to air assist.

best

Rod

dottedzebra

Thanks for the welcome everyone! JT, I'm sure I'll take you up on your offer. I'm very eager to buy some equipment but it would be nice to see a set up shop before jumping in. Thanks again everyone :)

MichaelBaer

Hello Mike,I so clearly remember taping work to a 2in. thick wooden block cut round.Spending hours making the scorper squeal in the"Crocker"jig.The best advise is to keep those sharp little spears out of your knuckles. MikeBaer

Latest posts

Sponsors