Hello new guy on the block

DitchCrawler

Hi, I feel a bit of fraud here amongst so many talented hand engravers, but i'll say hello anyway:)

I'm from the UK, my partner and I, run a couple of small general engraving businesses with my partner, Jeanette, is a bright cut hand engraver and I run the machining side of things.

Jeanette learnt her trade in Hatton Garden, London, then opened her first shop in 1979. I joined her in 1985 from an engineering background, the work balance of Machine and Hand Engraving has worked well throughout the years.

Jeanettes Father engraved banknote plates (legally:D ) for most of his working life (now retired) Very high quality work IMO, his 'doodle' plates are stunning.

Strange thing is he can't do the work Jeanette does, and equally his daughter struggles to mirror his methods. He'd take a week to do what 'Jet' will do in an hour:D

As they say different strokes for different folks.

Still, thanks for listening

Paul

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paul,

Welcome to the Cafe! There are all kinds of engravers here. I encourage Jeanette's father to join in. There have been some questions posed in the past about the engraving of bank note plates but that is an engraving discipline that is not well represented here.

Cheers,

Roger

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm much more of a fraud then you are - I haven't even reached the end of my first year of engraving yet.

And I'll second Roger's request to get Jeanette's father here (as well as Jeanette).

Oh yeah - how about some pictures of your work? We always like pictures!

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Paul, and welcome to you and yours.
I'm originally from the U.K. myself about 60 years ago.
And I'm sure you'll be as welcomed on the Cafe as I have been by the U.S.
It would be great to see some of your family's work some time.
Please visit us often on the Cafe, it's a happy place.

Best, John B.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Paul (& Jeanette)
I hail from the States but am up here in Canada watching the maple tees grow. The most exciting thing
in Zurich where I live is the Engravers Cafe'. I would like to see some your work also.

Talk to ya later,
Jim

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome Paul,
There's some fine cutters in th UK, so get your feet wet and let Jeanettes and her Father teach us more...
Jerry

Jim, how ya'll grow them maple tees??? We have so many Snowbirds golfer that comes to Florida plus our Canada friends a fresh grown Maple Tee would be a big seller

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ok, friends of the metallic arts-- let us see a sample of your wares ! there's always room for a couple more here !

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome, like Monk said - the more the merrier! It's great to have even more types of engraving and metal arts represented. :)

DitchCrawler

Many thanks for the warm welcome, seems a friendly place here & I look forward to visiting from time to time.

I'll pass on a link to your Cafe to Jeanette's Dad, Brian.

Spaek soon

Paul

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Jim, how ya'll grow them maple tees??? We have so many Snowbirds golfer that comes to Florida plus our Canada friends a fresh grown Maple Tee would be a big seller

By helicopter, They're actually the seeds that come whirling down to the ground. They are awfully fun to take
to the top of tallest thing in town and watch them fly. What's the tallest thing in Zurich for kids. The roof
of the school.

Talk to ya later,
Jim

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hello, Paul, and welcome aboard the Engraver's Cafe. We're pleased to have you here, so make yourself at home and enjoy the fellowship!
Cheers / ~Sam

Latest posts

Sponsors