Hello everyone!

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
Glad to introduce myself.
Name is Paul (Paulius) Lantuch, american, lithuanian origin. In old country studied in Vilnius Institute of Fine Arts, working as book and magazine illustrator, jewelry designer, sculptor, medal maker.
Since 1980 to 1991 gun engraver at Sturm, Ruger Co., then free lance gun engraver, jewelry designer. Since 2003 at Ruger again as a head of Ruger Studio. After Studio closing in 2006 working alone in all art fields.
For more information please take look at web: www.lantuch.com

Thank you,

Paul.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome Paul,
Perhaps you can answer a question for me. Were the stainless steel Rugers you engraved annealed and rehardened? I've found the stainless used by Ruger a REAL bugger to engrave. I've done a few Red Labels and a couple were OK, but the rest were just plain miserable. Thanks, Rex

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome ! finally someone who knows how to put my mark2 ss semi auto back together !!

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hmmm ... your name sounds very very familiar.....

Ahhh yes ... May 2007 of "Rifle Sporting Firearms Journal" page 102. A very nice article about you and Ruger's Studio of Art and Decoration. Sorry to hear that it has closed.

Absolutely beautiful Victorian artwork.

Welcome aboard,

Chris

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello Paul - welcome. Your web site is great. I love the jewelry and bracelets. :) Glad you found us.

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
To Fegarex:
Only Ruger can reheat treat their guns. Even for our Studio it was tuff to ask for thermo manipulations because some deformations are possible after the process. Usually I had working on pre heatred guns only.
Impossible to engrave from the box: #1; Red and Gold Label; slides of 9 mm and up pistols, M77 receivers and Mini-14.

To Monk:
Keep practicing, it is tricky, I know.

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the reply Paul. This is what I assumed. It's too darned bad that they have to make the Red and Gold Label so hard as they beg for engraving and as you say, heat treating can be tricky.

To Monk:
The big trick on assembling the gun is to get the toggle in the right place. I find turning the gun upside down helps.

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry for repeating posts, it doesn't go through immediately and makes impression, that some mistake happened.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paul,

Great to see you posting in the Cafe and thanks for the pictures of your beautiful classically inspired work in the other thread.

You may recall we met at the Pittsburg NRA convention and I was admiring your work on the Gold Label. I recently had to engrave a GL and found the frame almost too hard to engrave. I had to use carbide sharpened to a 90 degree face with a rounded point. Fortunately it was light coverage and came out fine but I will never do another. As Rex said above it is a shame because those frames look naked without engraving!

Roger Bleile

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks, but you're both wrong ! i posted a trick question ! i cleaned the gun in an ultrasonic tank-- didn't even have to take it apart. a friend learned the hard way. the old ruger was easy. the new ones, well not too.

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
Paul,

You may recall we met at the Pittsburgh NRA convention
Roger Bleile
Roger, of cours I remember our meeting at the Pittsburgh show. How you doing?
A lot of changes happened at Ruger. The Gold Label is dropped out of production, all the members of the Ruger family too. As our Studio has been created by Bill Jun., it was also condemned. Pity, our engraved guns had hold Ruger on the front pages and covers for three years.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paul,
Welcome to the forum. Excellent work!......Look at it this way Paul. It might be the best thing that ever happened to you, and the relationship with Ruger was just a stepping stone to your future and what lies ahead. I would say your future looks radient to me.
Ron S

Latest posts

Sponsors