headstall concho

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
drawn then cut.
:no: on transfer method just trying to take my time and get it right the first shot.
2 inch dia. domed sterling silver concho.
:drawing::handpiece: is not much fun right now, but i can see some improvement.:confused:
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like it. Would you post a picture of the back for us to see. I was curious as to how it will mount on the headstall. And why aren't you engraving it before you dome it?

Last edited:

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
lenny
here is the backside of the concho.....and i also took the liberty to get a picture of the inside of a gun barrel.:confused:
i will be engraving a small area of the barrel(the outside) and i thought that you might want to see the inside of it.:thinking:
have a great day and thanks for the nice comments:tiphat:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John and Md, isn't it absolute insanity to engrave on a curved surface? Isn't it too hard to do? Isn't it easier to engrave it flat and then dome it? It won't distort the engraving that much will it?

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn, you never used the word " insanity" but you spoke the other words to me did you not? Let me make a prediction, in the future you will be using only the hand to push a graver on a curved surface. After all the teasing is done, I still like your concho.

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
finished engraving.
tried a few new leaf structures and some different shade methods.
some worked out and others did not.
i would be happy to just have the use of my hand and arm back.....that is going to take lots of time.
thanks for looking
:tiphat:

Latest posts

Sponsors