Question: have a question re:miroscpe boush & lomb SZ 4

I purchased a boush & lomb sterio zoom #4 some time ago and it does not have an objective lens. Does anyone recomend the objective lens and if so can you recomend what size and strenth should I look for :shock: I would like to sharpen up the picture and get a light to attach to it. currently I just have a hole on that end??? Well not exactly but every ones scope I have looked at in here seems to have one attached

Respectfuly

Tom O

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
.5 is what seems to be the popular kid on the block. gives nice working distance.
i work w 1x... fine.. close to work..
.63 i've seen too
and .3 something.
sz4 is a decent scope .. i think that if you are lit, it will be operable without an objective.. my AO does.. and i's fine with it, except nowhere to hang a ring light

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have found that a .5 lens can work on different makes of scopes. optically, i mean. the threads can be another problem. they look very close to one another, but a silly milimeter can be a deal breaker. i got a .5 for my leica. the thread diameter didnt work, so i installed the lens with hotmelt glue. in doing this, i saved about a hundred bucks over the correct factory brand lens. optically, i dout there's a difference between the two lenses.

Monk chujybear you guys or girls excuss me are my hero's. Thank you so much for your input. I just read a tip last night on how to get a light for your scope for mini bucks also. With your tip on the hot glue gun maybe this won't be sooo painfull

Thank you again for your input

Resectfully tom o

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that idea came to me quite some time ago. sadly, cant remember his name, but was given to me by a forum member. saved me a hundred bucks! nothin wrong with that..

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
you can also grind down a -3 diopter (blank glasses lens)..
i did somewhat what monk did, but duct tape.. and the diopter was in a piece of turned down pvc.

Latest posts

Sponsors