Hats off to Ray Cover Jr. School of fine engraving

Jesse Kaufman

I would like to take this time to make it known what a great experience Ray's school was for me. He truly unlocked not only the doors but the windows to this skill. I found it to be a very relaxed and comfortable environment with HANDS ON work. I have just engraved another practice plate and am very very happy with the results. I have my shop torn apart right now for remodeling, but cannot wait to get back at it as soon as possible. I want to tell any new person to engraving to take this class. It is well worth your time and money. All I want to say to the new folks like myself is this. If you want to slam your head up against a rock for the next few years and have the same results, then don't take the class. But if your interested to the workings of technique that will greatly shrink your learning curve, then take this class. Ray took care of me with my graver that was giving me problems when he didn't have to. He went over the top to make sure I had what I needed to conitnue when I got home. Thankyou very much ray. I appreciate your care and time. Jesse Kaufman:tiphat:

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Jesse
I was wondering if Ray would give you a task to practice while he went fly fishing ....... but I guess not, eh? I'm glad you got the correct instruction to answer all those questions starting out. Looking forward to seeing what you'll show next. Congrats to you and to Ray for his concern of his students.
The fun continues!
Mark

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray certainly goes way beyond the "expected" in his classes. I came away from the class I took more than satisfied!!

Latest posts

Sponsors