Harley Davidson Air Filter Cover

mlurth

Here is and engraving I finished not too long ago. The theme was decided because the owner once told me that his bike would get all the ladies! So I felt like I had to put ladies in the scrollwork. The ladies have officially been dubbed Scrollmaids! The plate is about six inches in diameter. Enjoy

Mitchell Lurth

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch,

That is a fine piece of work you have shown us, and nicely conceived and cut!

I do hope the proud owner thinks about putting a lock nut on the retaining bolt, it is so attractive and large a piece, you would not want some lawless passer by to make off with it, and find it offered on EBay as the world's most impressive frisbee?

Congratulations!

Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, it looks a s though you have "raised the bar" for those of us doing bike work. that piece is just unbelievable !

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
very nice indeed, how was it to engrave, did you engrave right over the chrome? thanks for sharing

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
Another question, was that a custom fabricated part. If not, have you got a source for polished stainless parts, that would be awsome. Nobody wants to go to the trouble of getting parts dechromed, and I have only found a few places trhat will supply their aftermarket parts polished and not chromed, but not many.

mlurth

This was turned on a metal lathe. Well you see, I work for GRS and we used the barstock from our vise crowns to make the plate.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Mitch,Scroll Maids I like that,you have created something really different.Keep up the good work. J.J.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
yes the scrolls looks great, but the women breasts I have seen nicer ones. Your shading on the scrolls looks great, but not the same on the nude. Perhaps you meant it that way, kind of soft focus effect. In my opinion no one should see the scrolls at first.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors