Happy 75 Rod!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Happy birthday to one of my favorite friends!! May you have many more!!

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Happy Birthday !

Health, happiness and new creative success!

Здраве, щастие и творчески успехи!

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Quit an achievement for such an adventurer as yourself-Most hardy Congratulations and may you skip that last great adventure until you reach at least 100-Fred

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Quit an achievement for an adventurer as yourself Rod. Heres wishing you keep your last great adventure tell past 100-Fred

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Happy Birthday Rod! And Sam! Hope you both have a great day.

I know another prominent engraver who was also born on this day. I won't say who because he/she may not want that known, but there must be some kind of line up in the stars on April 19th! Wow!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You are so kind, dear Colleagues,

And you have made our day, Sam W and I!

Fred, you know what song I always request from you.... "Early one Morning..." Fred knows I mean the town of Early in Iowa. You sing it so well.

best

Rod

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Happy birthday, Rod!
Please see the picture of a medal that one of my students has created for a commemoration ceremony in school. Hans Gerstmayr was a great engraver and excellent teacher; I met him in person back in 1986.
Then take a closer look at the biographical data and buy silver, ivory and wood for a lot of flutes!
Best wishes
Martin

Attachments

• Medal.jpg
    Medal.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 29

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Martin,

Thank you!

If this is the work of your student, I would like a few lessons from him! Remarkably good work, and what a privilege he has, being under your masterful eye.

As to longevity, Prof Gerstmayr is an example for us all. It must be that somehow his life style might have been like yours is today? That is, a good balance all round ... hard work for hours at the bench, walk to your 20 hours of teaching a week at the Institute, rock climbing in the Stubai, Otstal, Dolomites and other ranges, ski-ing in the Winter and Spring, sports car rallies, and high performance gliding, but above all, a passion to contribute into the lives of others.

My sense is that we must be a match from the risk that life is, and you are.

I would predict it will be many decades before a postmortem medal is struck in honour of your many contributions into the arts and crafts.

Rock on!

Rod

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors