Help, please: hand shading tools needed

Whitetail

Hey Folks,
I was wondering if anyone had any hand shading tools/gravers they might be willing to part with. I'm trying to learn engraving and need some tools. If so let me know what you have and the prices please. Also where can you buy then new? I've been looking but found nothing yet.
Thank You Very Much!
Charlie

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
First off, where are you? Add it to your profile.

Someone may be near enough to you to help you out.

Second, what do you mean by "shading tools"? Liners? Single points?

If you are cutting softer metals in certain styles you could use liners. If you are cutting some of the steels or titanium - that might not be a wise idea...

Brian

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
don't forget gesswein and riogrande. they both sell a variety of gravers, handles, and most anything else that might appear on your want list. when you say you're trying to learn-- have you had any instruction ? a good way to start-- the meeks book, "the art of engraving" gives a fairly comprehensive "look" at the disciplines you'll need to master. don't forget-- this forum & the members will give you a post doctoral degree in engraving. and it's free.

Whitetail

Mr. Marshall,
I was talking about liners mostly. I'm just not used to the correct terminology for all the components yet. I appreciate all the help and suggestions from you gentlemen. Thank you very much.
Charlie

Latest posts

Sponsors